Virginia Surgery Associates’ Breast Program
A Leader in Breast Health
- Exceed your expectations through education and expertise while utilizing a prompt, proficient approach to treatment
- Continuously employ treatment methodologies supported by current research and evidenced base protocols
- Build relationships with you and your treating physicians employing dedication, time, knowledge and personalization of care
- A competitive, dedicated program offering one-stop shopping for those with breast disease. Dedicated top Breast Surgeons and locations close to you.
- Dedicated Nurses who coordinate testing and treatment, providing guidance, education and emotional support for breast patients.
- Experienced team who has successfully implemented breast programs based on clinical and quality outcomes.
- Demonstrated ability to exceed national standards for breast care per the Mastery of Breast Surgery from the American Society of Breast Surgeons utilizing Evidence Based Treatment Protocols (NCCN).
- Established culture of collaborative, coordinated and detailed approach to patient care among all treating providers
What is the Breast Program?
The Breast Program offers you comprehensive breast care. For some patients, it may only take one or two appointments before we send you back to your primary care doctor with a clean bill of health. For others, it could be much more. Care might need to extend outside of our own breast specialists to include pathologists, radiation oncologists or plastic surgeons. No matter how brief or extensive your needs might be, we are equipped and committed to coordinate your breast care seamlessly. Our overriding goal is to care compassionately for each patient as a unique individual.
We pledge to:
- Listen to your concerns
- Answer your questions
- Partner with you in the decision-making process
- Provide you with the best medical diagnosis and treatment and
- Coordinate with your primary care doctor and any other specialists of your medical team.
We are dedicated to guiding you through all of your breast concerns, quickly and accurately.
VSA Breast Program
- VSA Breast Program
- Program for High Risk Breast Patients
Breast Procedures that we offer:
- Breast Cyst Aspiration
- Breast Ultrasounds
- Multi-Lumen Balloon (Contura) for Brachytherapy
Types of Breast Biopsies
After Care of your Breast Surgery
- After your Excisional Breast Biopsy
- After your Mastectomy (with or without Reconstruction)
- Exercises after Breast Surgery
- Breast Cyst Aspiration
- Excisional Breast Biopsy
Meet Virginia Surgery Associates Breast Team
Dynese Wenthold, RN
We have a dedicated staff of nurses who are trained to triage and manage many of our patient’s concerns. The nurses are available to answer both pre-operative as well as post-operative questions. The nurses will assist with obtaining your pre-operative clearance prior to your surgery being scheduled. When needed, they are able to contact your provider directly to help facilitate your care.
Our surgery schedulers will be coordinating your surgery date based on your preferences. The schedulers are experienced at finding a time that is convenient for the patient, physician, and hospital. Our schedulers will also coordinate surgery with your plastic surgeon, when applicable, once you have had a consultation.
Medical Assistant (MA):
The medical assistant is the first clinical person you will most likely encounter during your visit. The MA has numerous responsibilities that include reviewing and documenting your history as well as taking and recording your vital signs. In addition, they are responsible for gathering all the information the MD/PA may need to ensure your visit is comprehensive and efficient.
Breast Appointment Coordinator:
Our office has many appointment schedulers for your convenience. The office also has an experienced appointment coordinator for our breast patients. The appointment coordinator will assist in urgent appointment scheduling. She has the ability to discuss scheduling needs directly with the provider when necessary. She also ensures there is collaboration across all departments, disciplines and providers as you move through your treatment.